1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WE HAVE RUN OUT OF TIME!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 8, 2007.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Am I the only person in America who doesn't give two shits about this writers strike?

As long as it doesn't affect football, I'm good.

2. It doesn't? It would certainly explain Tony Kornheiser's suckitude.

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I read somewhere it might whack the entire season of Lost, which, like 24, doesn't start until January and is still in production.
    They are done with The Wire, right? Please?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Look up eight or so posts.

5. STLIrish as Mr. Short-termed Memory.

Hi, I'm STLIrish, what's your name?

Oh, hi. I'm STLIrish, what's your name?

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Damn. I wonder what this means for The Shield.
    Hopefully all of Season 2 of Dexter has been shot or else I'll be really pissed.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Problem is, his writing muse has been on strike for the last three or four years. The writer strike hasn't lasted THAT long.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, where do I sign up to help with that?

How could we do it? How about a criminal puts poison on his sunglasses that slowly seeps into his bloodstream? Horatio, woozy from the drug, then tries to dramatically put his sunglasses back on after a pithy one-liner to "Mr. Wolf," but misses and stabs himself through the eye with earpiece of his sunglasses. He falls forward, driving the sunglasses through his brain and killing him.

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Not the only one at all. With no cable and a crappy set of rabbit ears, I've read more books in the last 18 months than I did in the previous 10 years. A liberating experience, to be sure.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Ah, my bad.
    Witty, there, by the way.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you're a writer at any level, you should care about this strike. Very much.

Those who develop the content are regarded the least. It's about time someone stood up to get a bigger piece of the pie.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

A friend passed along this e-mail:

Draft saved Draft deleted