1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We had a baby boy!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Aug 17, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

A belated congrats to you two.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

OH, yeah, i forgot to urge you to savor every monent 'cause of the 'time flies' stuff. middle shockey boy was driven to cornell this morning by big bro and mrs. shockey to begin his freshman year. when big bro begins his senior year at suny-binghamton in a couple of weeks, all that's left on the homefront is littlest man shockey -- and HE'S a h.s. junior prepping for his psat's.

so we'll be an empty nest in a couple of years -- barring the (likely) possibility of eldest son returning home 'til he gets his feet under him. with his sights on law school, though, he'll likely be away at school, too.

key is mrs. shockey and i selling the house and moving into an affordable apartment in a less expensive area by the time littlest man graduates. then it's every shockey for himself!

but you do miss the little fockers...

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"So is my magical vagina"....well, that body part can make things appear and disappear, so I think any woman can say that.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Late congratulations, YGB
    You are going to have a ball.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

At Babies 'R' Us this morning looking for supplies. I ask at the front desk if anyone can help me find the correct tops for Case's formula bottles. Then I hear this over the speakers, "Brian, can you come to Infant Care and assist a man with nipples?"

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Labor talks end

Congratulations, you and you and baby youse.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Congrats to YGBFKM and Care Bear, and best of luck as new parents ... it will be needed. But it's also an event that will change you for the better, for the rest of your lives.

I think we SportsJournalists.comers need to pitch in on an appropriate gift ... for when the boy's old enough to eat hot dogs:

[​IMG]

Ketchup bottle not included! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

There's nothing to it.

Just remember what Chris Rock said: If you keep him off the pole, you've been a successful parent.

(Oh. Wait.)

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

EDIT: That's probably NSFW unless men in glitter, shiny shorts and heels working a pole on a stage is allowed in your office.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've never appreciated you more. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted