1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We got motherf------ snakes in the motherf------ press box!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1120AP_Mets_Indians_Snake.html?source=mypi (INCLUDES VIDEO) (via Deadspin)

Press box snake makes reporters flee
    WINTER HAVEN, Fla. -- A 3-foot black snake sent reporters scurrying in the press box as the the New York Mets defeated the Cleveland Indians 6-5 in a spring training game on Tuesday.

As the snake slithered across notebooks and laptop computers in the bottom of the fourth inning, fans stood up and laughed as they gazed into the press area.

A grounds crew member accustomed to such occurrences at Chain of Lakes ballpark, was summoned. He grabbed the snake and released it in the parking area behind the complex.

[​IMG]

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Re: We got motherf----- snakes in the motherf------ press box!

This time it is an actual snake. Usually, it is a cheap shot referring to one of the media members in attendance.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I miss the old days. You could smush a snake with a manual typewriter. Try it with a laptop.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What, no "I" in this story?

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Other than the time I ran over one with the lawn mower, I have no experience with snakes... I'll admit, not knowing what is venomous and what isn't, I probably would have freaked out, too.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Look at the creature in the cop uniform to the right........

"Hell Charlie, don't squirsh it.........i'll take that little sumbitch home tonight and cook er up."

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, it was a black snake.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

TSP, you don't know how relieved I am that someone got that reference ...

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that's nothing. look at the reporter to the right. he does this profession proud.

Draft saved Draft deleted