1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Got MF Iraqis On The MF Plane!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 30, 2007.

1. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070829-1223-bn29plane.html

2. Does anybody know where Hondo was last night?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you want to weep for our nation, go ahead and read the comments section following that article.

I made it through maybe the first 10,

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"Inshallah, we'd like six compensatory first-class vouchers, please. And a night at the Hyatt, gratis."

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a pretty vague story. I wonder if the woman wanted to get off the plane because she was scared the Iraqis were terrorists or because of the dispute between the Iraqis and others.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

From the comments: "They should have been more sensitive and spoke only english."

And, for that matter, worn Hawaiian shirts, been blasting Bruce Springsteen on their iPods, and consumed a couple hot dogs before boarding.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Great point. This woman may not have been involved in the dispute at all.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Impossible to tell from the item what actually happened.

9. "Disembarking passengers were talking...""?
    Nice sourcing there.
    I'm assuming this took place in first class because the woman quoted sounds like she was sitting in coach, and she says she didn't hear anything.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

Sorry I'm late. Carry on.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Depends how big the plane was. There could have been two coach sections.

12. It's kind of like the movies when they feature people from a different country. For some reason, despite living in Italy or Russia or whatever, they speak english for our english-speaking benefit.

I guess they figure people whose first language isn't english, and that dare to live in this country in spite of that, should always speak english. Just for our benefit.

'Cause you know, if Americans were visiting France, they'd speak French between themselves just to be polite.

Draft saved Draft deleted