1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We can only hope that "Tiny House" is next...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Mar 2, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Pardon me if I'm giving into oversensitive southern sensibilities, but ... Why does this have to be set in Atlanta? There's Neanderthals everywhere else, too. Why not ... I don't know ... Denver? Minneapolis? Detroit, for god's sake. Philadelphia would be a much better choice.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Who doesn't like pie and chips?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Everywhere I go, there's always something to remind me.

Dammit, J_D, I've got it stuck in my head again. But not that that's a bad thing.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

I am so sick of those stupid Cavermam commercials.. the only thing dumber would be to try to make a sit-com based on them.

THE WORST TV IDEA SINCE DESMOND PFIEFFER!

5. dooley_womack1

You take that back. Unless Homeboys From Outer Space has been erased from the history of man, you are plumb mistaken.

6. KYSportsWriter

After a quick search, I finally found that song and put it on my MySpace. Kick ass.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

At least one poster here has called my home number and heard it. A friend said he's got the song stuck in his head now too after calling me.

8. dooley_womack1

But is it in the league of the hip-hop guy saying "Wait for the beep" on the answering machine?

9. KYSportsWriter

It's way better than that

10. KYSportsWriter

If only I could find that on Cingular, I'd make it my answer tone and my ring tone. :D

11. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

We need to get Ringo Starr (Atouk) involved stat. Anyone else remember the great movie with Barbara Bach as Lana(the hottest cavewoman ever, period. Don't even try mentioning Raquel), Dennis Quaid as Lar, Shelly Long as Tala and Jon Matuszack as Tonda.

"Atouk aloonda Lana."
    "Atouk zug-zug Lana."
    "Doo doo" "Ka-Ka" "Sh*t"

Just a few lines I remember.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Best answering machine song ever -- Costanza and "The Greatest American Hero" theme.

Draft saved Draft deleted