1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We bombed Australia, but they probably deserved it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 21, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Tasmanian devils, stick this in your Great Barrier Reef. Yeah, the bombs were inactive, but just watch yerselves, mates, or we'll put the lot of ya on the barbie the next time.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130721/AS--.Australia-US.Bombs/

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

After Skylab, we're probably on strike two with them, or however many strikes you get in cricket minus one.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not the first reefer smoked in the U.S. military.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I think you only have to swing and miss once, so long as the ball also hits the wicket after you miss.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

But the bowler gets six balls in an over, I think.

7. Football_Bat

No such thing as a "strike" in cricket. You can swing and miss all you want, as long as the ball doesn't hit the wicket ("getting bowled") or doesn't follow a path that would hit the stumps but is blocked by your body without it touching your bat ("leg before wicket"). In either case, you are given out.

Yes, six balls in an over.

8. Football_Bat

Just got done watching two full test matches of the Ashes, so I am shit-hot on cricket right now. Eager for the third test to start August 1.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Cricket seems like a fun sport to play, but I personally would rather watch the three-hour long fumble that is an Aussie Rules game.

10. Football_Bat

Just anecdotally speaking, cricket rules are easier for a U.S. baseball fan to understand than baseball rules are for a Commonwealth cricket fan.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Too bad they didn't land on Yahoo Serious.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I always thought we don't want to hurt no kangaroo.

Draft saved Draft deleted