1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"we are marshall"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jan 8, 2008.

1. It was better than that. It wasn't a feel-good story about race or living on the other side of the tracks like all those other mass-produced pieces of crap.

It had its cheesy moments - the speech in the graveyard was awful - but overall it was better than I expected.

2. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

I felt the same way about "United 93."

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I recorded it tonight in my TiVo tuner but haven't watched it yet. I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am also watching it for the first time, sort of.
    I watched the second half Saturday and the first half now.
    I know Ms. Slappy wouldn't watch the first half.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

You tell me what happens in the first half and I'll tell you what happens at the end of Titanic.

6. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

better then expected, but could have been better (does that make sense?). Overall, it's worth watching.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Matthew McConnaghey lusts after Kate Winslet when the ship crashes into the side of the mountainous iceberg

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The movie Bobby Bowden is taller than McConnaghey...since Bobby Bowden is 2-foot-7 in real life, I think this is fiction

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

WOW. I could see that in quotations on a movie poster.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I didn't know Marshall was anyone's most hated rival, and I'm a big MU fan.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I liked the movie, but I didn't really like McConaughey's performance. He just seemed he was trying to be funny in a serious film and it didn't play out well.

12. cortez

cortez Member

Quote from Mrs. Cortez last night: "Gee, for a guy flick this sure is a tear-jerker.''

Is it me, or did it seem that the Herd didn't have enough players to form a 'real' squad. It looked like about 30 guys made up the team
    Oh, and Matthew Fox sure does well for himself as far as leading ladies

Draft saved Draft deleted