1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We all await No. 20,000 with bated breath, big boy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsed, Jul 3, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

And truthfully Buck, you can't even contain him

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

According to the baseballreference.com page, before the 1970 season Dooley Womack was sent from the Milwaukee Brewers to the Oakland Athletics in an "unknown transaction." On the historic occasion of your 20,000th post, I think you should tell us what the unknown transaction was, Dools.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They sent Charlie Finley a large box of smokeless tobacco. Catfish Hunter was dipping them out of house and home.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did anybody get you one of these?

[​IMG]

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was born in Milwaukee in 1971, maybe Dools was skipping town to avoid being my baby daddy.

Nah. At that time, he was probably buying 20 one-line classified personals in the underground paper every week and toking up with Bread's Baby I'm A Want You in the background.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd hafta gain back a buncha weight to accommodate that.

And Bubs, it was Hamilton Joe Frank and Reynolds that I lit up to. Bread....puh-leeze.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

that last line was funny as shit.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The scariest thing about Dooley getting to 20,000 is that the other regulars who have been here the whole time like 21, Boom, BYH and myself have all had a several month head start... HB doesn't count because the dipshit once nuked himself...

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think Don't Pull Your Love was No. 1 when I was born, the intrigue continues ...

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

You said Panimals (a reference to the mascots of the 1987 Pan Am Games) in a high pitched voice.

Draft saved Draft deleted