1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WCKY in Cincinnati ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 14, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

... is a station I have always listened to late at night, ever since I first discovered this odd self-help evangelist guy (Roy Masters) on there maybe 20-25 years ago. His show always started with the warning that "some things you hear may be upsetting" until you understood about his "observational method" or whatever.

In my little corner of the Southeast, it's been the only reliable way to pick up the noxious but genuinely (to me) amusing bleatings of Air America ... until a week or so ago, when the station -- which is a 50,000-watt blowtorch -- switched to all-sports. They call themselves "the Sports Animal," or some such.

Air America has apparently moved up the dial ... to a 5,000-watt station.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You can spring for XM if your that desperate for Air America.

But if you are more interested in batshit crazy evangelists, the guy on WWL overnights is hard to beat.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Desperate? No, I listened to it from time to time hoping to hear one damn sensible thing. Just one. Never happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted