1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waxahachie, Texas SE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by tx_spts, Oct 19, 2007.

1. redsox99

redsox99 Member

Didn't this newspaper have a sports editor who died suddenly a few years back? Or was that Ennis?

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

don't recall that happening at either place but could be wrong. being s.e. at ennis might drive a good person to swallow a bullet, though.

and maybe you're thinking of the denton record-chronicle, whose sports editor died in 2004 or so.

3. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

it was Waxahachie.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

a little more info, please?

5. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Apologies, should have elaborated. The sports ed in Waxahachie died unexpectedly a while back, per a friend who worked there at the time. I'm not from the area and don't know specifics, but the information is accurate.

Not sure if the death is the reason for the opening. I would think someone would have filled the position since then.

6. This is Howry do it

This is Howry do it New Member

In an odd twist, I'm currently at a Holiday Inn in Waxahachie. Why? My clutch went out for some reason.

I figured I'd had a rough day, so I went to a restaurant with the intention of getting a few in me, but guess what? Dry county.

I had to sign up for something called a UNIcard that apparently let's me drink in Waxahachie should my car ever break down here again.

7. Wow...the Unicard is still around? That's like the 8-track tape of bar culture.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

Just so people know how to say this ... WAWX-uh-HATCH-ee

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Due south of Dallas on I35E.

But would one be able to go to Dallas and have dinner?

And to answer LSS's question: http://www.unicardsystems.com/

10. It's about half an hour south of Dallas on I-35.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

long drive just for dinner ...

12. Well, I assume most of the time Waxahachie has its own food supply. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted