1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waterproof note pads?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by statrat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

I had my recorder freeze. It had to be 25 degrees outside for a darn football game. The thing wouldn't work until i warmed it up in my pants.

You know, if the place doesn't have a press bx, and it is raining cats and dogs, try not to keep stats (the HORROR!). It will have you focus on other things. What do you write about with no stats? Great question.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Most of the time, Campmor has those Rite In The Rain notebooks pretty cheap...

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/campmor/search/main.jsp?command=text&ip_text=rite+in+the+rain&image.x=0&image.y=0

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

See above.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

one time, in a similar situation, i kept stats from inside the team van, that was parked on the track. i tried the plastic poncho thing in the first half, but once the wind kicked up, i headed for the van. the windows were a little dirty, but i could see OK, and used the scoreboard for back up.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Carry a pencil in your bag? Wasn't that the very thing George Costanza was afraid of?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

But I'm cheap.

Draft saved Draft deleted