1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchmen: Eh.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 19, 2009.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Agreed.

2. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I saw the movie on Sunday and loved it. I also agree that the new ending is way better than the original. I want to see it again in IMAX ... it was that good.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

After a viewing, and another reading of the book, I'm liking the movie more and more.
    The opening montage was a movie creation that was hinted at in the book, but never illustrated. That also added some depth and wrinkles to the Comedian, that were hinted at, but not explained.
    The new ending also made more sense.
    Yeah, you lose something in the translation. Why you should care about the people who die at the end and also all those funny looking pipe/cigarettes they smoke in the book aren't in the movie.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I thought the movie ending forced Doc M to leave Earth and not make it the choice it was in the book, a choice he made after seeing Silk Spectre and Nite Owl together.

I also missed the ginormous V with tentacles, although I did not miss the all the smoking.

I'll probably see it again, although the IMAX wiped me out for the next week or so.

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Have to admit the underwhelming reviews have not put this one on the must see list, although I am curious about the blue junk.. FWIW I thought Iron Man was a terrific movie.... I'm still looking around to recoup the part of my life I wasted on Spiderman 3.

6. sportschick

The blue junk was odd. I think it might have been because I saw it on IMAX and the blue junk was as tall as me.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I do not want to be anywhere near junk as tall as me, or SC, or anyone.. blue or not! :D

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, my wife seems to have gotten used to it...

(sorry, sorry)

9. sportschick

I was expecting the blue junk, and it was still odd the first time it showed up on screen. After the first time, it wasn't really noticeable, probably because that's just how he was.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, when the target audience is fanboys, it's probably not a good idea to have a character running around with a big, blue cock out.

I'm going to pass on this one for now. Most of my friends thought it was a colossal disappointment.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. Maybe they did a lot of hands on research.

12. sportschick

If the blue dong bothers them, then they aren't really fanboys.

Draft saved Draft deleted