1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watching an electric company guy make a fix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jul 11, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We were without power in my neighborhood this morning from 2:30 to 6:30. I reported the outage almost immediately and helped my nephew get their generator going to run their sump pump (I don't have a generator and ended up with another wet basement :(

I woke up at about 5:30 and called the electric company on my cell phone while I walked outside to see how far up and down the road people were without power.

One of the electric company trucks came up and down the road and finally stopped about a quarter mile north of my house. It was kind of fascinating to watch. He hooked up these two things to the line and swung them into place with a pole. They each went into connectors with a bright flash, and when the second one was in an alarm bell started ringing in a nearby house. I walked back home and had power.

Now I'm going to bed at 7:17 a.m.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I blame global warming.

Quit your whining.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. old_tony

Actually, if that cold front hadn't come so damn far south there wouldn't have been any problems.

[blue]And in case you haven't caught on, it's now been changed to "Global Climate Change" because stats are now showing any warming that was occurring pretty much stopped around 2000 or 2001. And the left still needs something to whine about.[/blue]

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Barack Obama cut the power to Old Tony's house and ordered the local Electric Company to take its sweet-ass time fixing it. [/cross-threading]

6. old_tony

I knew there was something suspicious about that sh*t! :D

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just wait til the shocking blizzard centralized entirely over your street on Election Day leaves you homebound and unable to cast a potentially decisive vote!

Obama will get you but good!

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Beware of Mighty Mighty Obama.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. old_tony

If he has such magical powers, I can't imagine him being bad for the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted