1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Watching a movie' on Bravo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Aug 6, 2006.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

OK, so last night, I'm trying, for the first time, to watch Pulp Fiction from start to finish (please don't start on me. Thank you.)

Anyway, it was on Bravo, and obviously, the language was changed, although you could certainly figure out everything that was being said.

The horror was the number of commercials. I've never seen anything like it. There was like equal time for commercials and the movie, or at least it seemed so.

After another untimely break, I finally simply couldn't watch anymore. And to head off any shit I'd deservedly get, yes, it's on my list, and yes, I'll be renting it or borrowing it soon and watching it the way it should be watched.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Bravo edits out the part where Zed's pecker gets blown off.

Just thought you'd want to know.

3. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Bravo completely sucks. Their self-promos ("watch what happens," etc.) are sickmaking, too.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

SF, you didn't see Pulp Fiction. There were entire chunks gone.

Trust me, when you see it at home, it will be a completely different movie. One of my five favorites.

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

SF... just rent it, dude.

6. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I stopped watching after the scene where Vincent blows away Marvin. As soon as the bullet is fired, the screen cuts to black, you hear him say "I shot Marvin in the face" and then they're all of the sudden standing in Jimmy's kitchen drinking coffee.

Which means they skipped over several scenes, including one of the best lines in the movie when Jules scolds Vincent for turning the towel into a "goddam maxipad"

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yeah, absolutely no doubt. My point, I guess, is why Bravo would even bother showing something that had been so cut to shit, and with so many commercials.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

The only good thing I can say about the experience is that I had no idea what I was missing.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

But I bet you know all about Kathy Griffin's latest show.

Draft saved Draft deleted