1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watch out! Emil Brown is gunning for us!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

...with a plastic pellet :D

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Royals outfielder Emil Brown hit a television reporter near the eye with a pellet from a small plastic gun in the Kansas City clubhouse Friday afternoon.

A team spokesman said Brown didn't mean to shoot KMBC sports reporter Karen Kornacki with the plastic pellet gun. Brown started in left field Friday night against the Texas Rangers.

“It was certainly an accident,” Royals spokesman David Holtzman said. “He wasn't shooting at anybody.”

Kornacki was interviewing shortstop Tony Pena Jr. before the game when she felt the pellet hit near her left eye, said Gary Roberts, KMBC's assistant news director said. Kornacki ended the interview and left the locker room immediately.

An assistant team trainer treated Kornacki and gave her an ice pack. Roberts said the station sent Kornacki, who has been with the ABC affiliate for more than 20 years, to see an eye doctor.

“I don't think she's seriously injured,” Roberts said. “She was certainly a little shaken by it.”

Royals spokesman Toby Cook said the team apologized and was investigating.

“We're terribly sorry it happened,” Cook said. “I don't know actually what happened. I wasn't there. The powers that be are looking into it.”

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And I mean the thread title literally... at least pellet gunning for us

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10272137

Nice to see that the crappy, nearly anonymous players can be assholes, too.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I beat you to it :D
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44877/

4. accguy

accguy Member

Re: Royals OF shoots reporter...

So is this more serious or less serious than Kenny Rogers shoving a camera man a couple of years ago? I say more serious.

Why would a player have a pellet gun in the clubhouse? And why would say player actually shoot it in the clubhouse?

It seems as if there are more knuckleheads in pro sports than in other lines of work.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bret Saberhagen scoffs.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

As far as intent is concerned, Rogers was worse. From this, I can't really tell if he did or didn't mean to shot somebody. With Rogers, there was no question.

But the fact that he has a loaded weapon (even a small one) is a bit strange.

7. Re: Royals OF shoots reporter...

so now sports writers and reporters are going to have to wear goggles and vests in the locker room. Wonderful.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The goggles. They do nothing.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

That's the first thing Emil Brown has hit in a week.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

HI OHHH!

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

You are cor-RECT, sir!

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah...but my thread title was more creative. :)

Mods can delete or merge this if they like. If not, I'm sure one or both will quickly slide into oblivion.

Draft saved Draft deleted