1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watch fireworks or light your own?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 3, 2008.

?

Here's your chance to identify yourself as a pyromaniac. Or not.

1. DIY, man. Light'em up

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. I like my fingers just like they are. Watch'em

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The inbreds across the street are going away for the weekend which is good. They loves them some fihrwerks...that also set every damn dog in the neighborhood (seven, including their one) howling...
    Nothing says Ala-fucking-bama like watching a seven-year-old supervising a four-year-old with fireworks.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Because I am covering a game and my wife isn't willing to suffer all by herself through a four-hour wait at the city park with four kids running four directions, she will light a few in the driveway for the littlest kid, then wait for me to get home and I will set off a $50 Costco pack of boom-booms for the older ones.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'd rather have phone sex with Ben Stein than watch fireworks.

Boring. As. Fuck.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Same here, without the fucking-Ben-Stein part.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I pity your partner.

6. jps

jps Active Member

Just swung by one of the multiple tents set up in town and spent about $25. Mostly little ground spinners, some of those nasty black snake things just because I remember having a ball with them as a kid, and a few fountains. Little jps doesn't care about expense ... just likes to watch things sparkle and shine ... so I get off pretty cheap for the next few years, I guess. But will probably go to the city show as well later on after I get these pages done and sent.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Dammit Stumpy, I told you not to let Lefty shoot them romanian candles at the dogs!"

8. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

My wife and I just sit out on the stoop and watch the white-trash alleged meth dealers across the street light off fireworks between swings if what I can only suspect is PBR or Milwaukee's Best.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What are Romanian candles?

Anyway, I'm not fond of shooting off my own fireworks ever since my brother chased me around my backyard shooting a roman candle at me. Another time, in high school, my friend's little brother threw a firecracker at me and it burned my arm. I punched him in the face - despite him being much, much larger than me - and I haven't lit my own off since.

I'm glad I will be working tonight, because I'm afraid the rednecks in my area will burn the town down, considering how many trees we have and how many fires are already burning near us.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I must admit I'm a little put off by the constant references to those who enjoy fireworks as being rednecks. I'm about as far from redneck as it's possible to get and I enjoy them.

Draft saved Draft deleted