1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Washington Times outsources printing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by deskslave, Aug 7, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

To the Sun. Axing its entire printing staff.

Just another ray of fucking sunshine.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/06/AR2008080603537.html

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

In a thread that spoke of the struggles of the New York Times, it was suspected by some that the paper's left-wing slant was the culprit. So I suppose this can be blamed on a right-wing slant...

3. VJ

VJ Member

...and the outdated printing press that broke down multiple times each evening.

4. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

The printing press broke because it was leaning too far right...;-)

5. how is this going to work deadline-wise? i'm presuming the times is the one that will get screwed with extremely early press starts.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

You presume wrong.

7. fine. maybe the sun has the excess press capacity, i don't know, nor do i know about the times' press run times. but doesn't something have to give? it takes time to squeeze in 100,000 papers to presses.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I have no idea. What I do know is that the Times' deadlines will improve with this move.

Draft saved Draft deleted