1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Washington Fails Us Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Please note that it is the Democrats who are requesting cuts in Defense. They suggest Republicans listening to the Generals but then when they get the White House military decisions become 100% political.

2. While the Super Committee was meeting in DC - Obama was golfing in Oz. It's as if he doesn't care. "Pass this bill now" "I will focus all my time on jobs". Nothing but empty promises and politically driven policies. He's toast. And the country will be so much better off.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I will vote for Obama in 2012 because my party has yet to put up a
    candidate that interests me, but this is once again an example of Obama leading from back seat and having Congress do the heavy lifting.

4. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Obama needs to strike a balance. You're absolutely right that he can't lead from the backseat like he so often does. But he can't try to strongarm Congress the way Bill Clinton tried to do at first either.

5. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Ooops...

I thought this was about the Redskins losing in overtime yesterday.

My mistake...

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This. And I agree completely. The Koch brothers won't allow more taxes on the wealthy.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

President live now from the WH Briefing Room.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Just two years ago, Republicans said Obama strong-armed the healthcare bill through Congress and was ruining America with his radical agenda (agenda said with sneering tone). Now, he's laying back and letting Congress work out the problems he's told he's not leading.

There. Is. Nothing. He. Can. Do. They hate him.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Let's see, the Dems agree to cuts on social programs advocated by Republicans that anger their base. The GOP resist any tax increases which would anger their base. I don't see how anyone in the GOP has shown any real spine here. I guess I am kind of surprised they didn't get any pressure from defense contractors who are likely to take a hit from the mandated cuts.

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Republicans show spine by sticking to their ideology no matter what. And they win in the end because Democrats sacrifice their ideology and principles in the name of "compromising" and "being the adults in the room," which is then rewarded by the GOP screwing them over, campaigning against them anyway and winning elections.

As someone (I forget who) once said, if you give voters a choice between an actual Republican and a Democrat acting like a Republican, the actual Republican will win every time.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We pepper spray college students when they don't move.

This inaction deserves at least a kick in the nuts.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Cool story, Amalgam.

Draft saved Draft deleted