1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Washington DC Trip Advice Needed...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Jun 28, 2009.

1. this about sums up arlington:

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Saw this last week. Awesome!!

And accurate.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

1. Air and Space Museum.
    2. Arlington Cemetery.
    3. Ford's Theater.
    4. Zoo.
    5. Watch those subway cars.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

QFFT

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Totally underwhelmed by the Air and Space Museum.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

"Two things you must do when visiting our nation's capital: You must visit the Holocaust Museum, and you must have a corn dog at Chirpee's."

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Think I just read the American History Museum just reopened at the Smithsonian after two years of renovations. Anybody been yet? Thoughts?

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm going to be in town on Thursday. I did not know it was open yet, but I will almost certainly try to check it out.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Reopened in late November 2008, sez Teh Wiki.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A friend who graduated from Gee Dub swears by Manoosh dogs. Seems years ago a hot dog bender included a joint with the dog if you ordered a Manoosh special.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've been to the Museum of American History a few times since it reopened (I mentioned it on page 1 of the thread). It's still really good. It has a lot of the same exhibits, but for the most part, they've been spruced up and I think it's really worthwhile.

As for what three bags said about the Air & Space Museum, I would have completely agreed until I went back there with some visiting relatives a few weeks ago. I found the space parts of the museum interesting, but the air parts really boring. I still didn't love it but it was better than I remembered. Kids go bonkers over it, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted