1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was he?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Dec 3, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I never criticize his ability or his work ethic. It's his style and lack of overall ethics I despite...

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I assume you mean despise. Of course, I'm just a CE washout, according to you, so I'm sure I'm just misreading it.

Rather than continue to split hairs about what you dislike, I'll just lay out my stance on the whole thing.

If Mitch Albom is the biggest problem with the industry, we're in pretty damn good shape.

My biggest problem is with what I've already said -- that no newspaper changed the erroneous info -- and with the sham investigation afterward, which among other things proved that a major metro can have a copy desk where copy editors are told not to change things.

How the Free Press is not still the laughingstock of the industry after that is amazing to me.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Slappy, have you considered therapy?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yup... in the same class as Boom and Fenian Bastard....as you can see, it doesnt work well for any of us..,

And actually, this one doesnt have me pissed. I'm just curious as to the validity of the opening statement... the rest is just window dressing

Draft saved Draft deleted