1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was he?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Dec 3, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Or did he just say he was... just asking...

MITCH ALBOM: Pardon my French, but at least I'm trying

December 3, 2006
    BY MITCH ALBOM
    FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

As I write this, I am on a plane to France.
    On my lap are two books: "French Beyond The Basics" and "The Everything French Verb Book." I purchased them last week at a U.S. bookstore, along with four French study CDs, none of which I have been able to listen to but all of which are in my bag, as if they might fly out and start playing themselves.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I say bullshit.

I presume he's writing this on a laptop, yet on his lap sits two French books. Which is it Mitch?

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Laptop could be on the tray table, books in his lap. Not defending, just sayin'.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Maybe he was actually using old-fashioned notebook and pen. He had the books in his lap and had the notebook on top of the books.

But.......I don't know many writers who write copy the old-fashioned way. :-\

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Who. Cares.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

After the Michigan State debacle, people want to make sure he's not slacking again.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Slacking, as in every newspaper that ran the Michigan State column unedited.

No one, at any newspaper, changed it for the better. No one.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sure, but people just want Albom to slip up again so they can make fun of him. You know the people with the targets on their back around here.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's Mitch Fucking Albom, man. He's not typing on no laptop! He's using airphone to dictate to his secretary in between sipping the champagne offered to all First Class passengers!

10. writer of ball

writer of ball New Member

Interestingly, Albom just penned a column on the Michigan "screwjob" that on the Free Press website now. Presumably from France, right? Makes sense, I guess.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Duluth?

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It beats him admitting that he's sitting on the two French books so he can reach the laptop

Draft saved Draft deleted