1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Warren Jeffs gets life

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Aug 9, 2011.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

To confuse you. Did it work?

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I wonder how long Jeffs' hold on FLDS will last. Arizona and Utah have to do something with the United Effort Plan trust that owns a lot of homes and businesses in Colorado City and Hilldale.

The 10th Circuit ordered a stay in April to prevent the trust from going back to the FLDS Church.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Just admit you don't care for Mormons.

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Without being eligible for parole until he is 90, I doubt his hold can possibly last. There will be a new false prophet to come along, singing songs and promising salvation.

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

We'll see if the media can finally discover that Romney's great great grandaddy had 12 wives next year. http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/2007/02/five-wives-for-miles-romney.html

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What's the relevance?

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I have no problem with Mormons. Jimmer was my favorite player to watch last year.
    Actually, I really don't care for any "evangelical" religion. I think a person should develop their own faith, not be convinced one is better than another. But I have no problems with Mormons as a whole.

8. vicd

vicd Active Member

Some of my best friends are Mormans.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I've got to get to work on my compound in central Utah. Seriously, though, is the fundamentalist movement is growing. I've known a couple of people who left the LDS Church to join. The mom of one of the "Sister Wives" left her husband and the LDS Church to marry the husband's dad.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would guess that a bulk of our great-great grandfathers used to own slaves. It would make as much sense to blame us for that as it would to blame Mittens for what his great-great grandfather did.

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

his great grandaddy married his 5th wife long after it was illegal under federal law

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Jeffs gets life. Which puts him one up on SportsJournalists.com members. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted