1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Warner Robins wins LLWS on walk-off homer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Aug 26, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Congrats to the kids from Warner-Robins for winning the LLWS title just now. While Fen and Abbott spend all of their time bitching about "important" things, it's nice to see 12-year olds kids doing what they enjoy and having fun in Williamsport. Great game to watch.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw one batter the entire series - the last one. Kid knocked the shit out of that ball.

Still, they're 12. Too soon to be ESPN celebs but I'm an old timer.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's all downhill from here for that kid.

(Too pessimisstic? Too early?)

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wish they didn't fix it so that there has to be a U.S. team and an foreign team in the final. Why not just arbitrarily divide the teams into two pools and if two foreign teams teams make to the final, fine? If two U.S. teams make it to the final, fine.

It is, of course, better than it used to be when foreign teams weren't even allowed. Because of TV ratings, they probably never will allow a setup that doesn't guarantee a U.S. team in the final.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Was the shot at other posters really necessary here?

And congratulations to the kids from Georgia. Saw the kid who hit it give the Japanese pitcher a hug and thought that was a nice gesture.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

No way. Those days ruled. U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!! :D

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

ESPN's K-Zone graphic or whatever they call it now to determine whether pre-adolescent boys are painting the corners makes me a little ... squeamish.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

not as squeamish as the ESPN-phrase "walk-off homer"

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Particularly since the Japanese players didn't walk off. They hung out and waited for their hugs.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It was a terrific game.

Mercifully I watched it at my local without the sound.

The starting pitcher for Georgia couldn't find the plate from the get-go but he managed to get out of tight spots the whole game.

The ESPN coverage is fucking awful but I still love the tournament.

Congrats to Warner Robbins and even thought they were eliminated, to the Canuckistan team from White Rock, BC.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Curacao boys played their balls off too.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yeah, what I saw was a game-ending home run.

Draft saved Draft deleted