1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WaPo to Reporters: Shoot Video

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lugnuts, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

You either keep a notebook in your back pocket and scribble between plays or "say it" into the camera during dead balls.

"Smith 15 yard run."

You do have the whole game on tape if you need to go back and check something.

I'm not saying this is a good thing-- trust me!-- But that doesn't mean they won't force you to do it.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

not on deadline when you've got to put together a full box

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Deadline? Hoops, your new deadline is "Get it on the web 10 minutes after the game ends."

4. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

At what point do newspapers stop acting like newspapers and start trying to be other things so much so that they are telling their readers newspapers don't matter anymore? Shouldn't newspapers be acting more like newspapers, not less? I'd bet if KFC made chicken secondary and started making bagels, they might not have much of a niche in the bagel market and would lose their footing in the fast-food-chicken market.

This does not amuse me.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

do they get a pay raise?

Draft saved Draft deleted