1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WaPo columnist: Consider his tattoos before giving Wall max deal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My buddy who grew up around the Wake athletic department swears that Duncan has a huge tattoo of the Graffix bong logo tattooed on his back. I don't know if that's true, but he definitely has tats.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Huh? WTF?

Thug alert: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/matt-kemp-tattoos-grandparents-chest-awesome-163235480--mlb.html

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's awesome.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

It really is a beautiful piece of work. Must've taken forever.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And if Kemp were applying for an everyday job, see how a shirt would cover that nicely?

He could definitely be my latex salesman.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The professional acceptance of ink/body art is definitely increasing. I don't think it will keep a person from getting a job but I think the placement of tattoos has a sharp effect on how high in a company someone will rise.

If I don't see the body art while you're working in a professional industry, that's fine.

Here is where it comes in. Most body art - and now that it is summer, I see far, far too much of it - can be covered up in a professional setting. That's cool. Yet if I'm at a golf outing on a hot day and one of the guys had body art up and down his arms, I will think:

"... his long-term decision making process may not be the best".

Sorry.

Just is.

Do whatever you want to your body - I won't assume that you're a thug or ready to spend 10 years where the county orange jumpsuit. Yet don't be surprised if people assume your decisions aren't the best ones.

"If this guy is willing to put an image of Boy George on his neck, um, no, I'm not putting him on the Chevy account with Bob Benson."

Draft saved Draft deleted