1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WANTED: Drinking Partners.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Yours truly has been assigned the terrible burden of having to sit and drink in a bar for three days and write about it.

The bar in question is in Minneapolis.

I will be there on the 6th, 7th, and 8th of July, from the time said bar opens until it closes.

I need spotters.

Please submit your resumes via PM. Benefits include some drinks on me. I am an equal-opportunity imbiber.

Pray for Mojo.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Brit's Pub?

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I believe travelocity, orbitz, et. al. will be deluged with flight request to Minneapolis after the reading of this post

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

How did that assignment come about?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Jones,

I didn't know Alcoholics Anonymous even had a periodical. Congrats on the assignment.

Wish I could be there to lift a pint.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Sorry man. I'll be busy those days munching some ...

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

To make a long story short: The bar, the identity of which shall remain secret until the drinking begins, might be named the Best Bar in America by Esquire magazine, depending on how much fun I have there.

However, as I will be in a bar, and I will be running a tab on my employer's credit card, I think I should have plenty of fun.

Just hoping to share the joy, is all.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I preferred the establishments in St. Paul to those in Minneapolis. Do you have time for a sidebar?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Do you think your employer would consider picking up the tab at The Loose Moose during the Toronto outing?

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The best bar in America is in Minneapolis? Oh sure, yah.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Alas, like Luke Skywalker taking aim at the Death Star, I must stay on target.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

No, but I stand by my offer of buying the first round Friday night -- and not at fucking SkyDome -- so long as everybody orders a Canadian beer.

Draft saved Draft deleted