1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want to get rich quick? Click here ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 7, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Got this e-mail from an area track coach today. I've seen it circulating before and just deleted it.

Ok guys, my lawyer's paralegal sent this one to me and if it doesn't work, they are aware that we all will be coming to visit them for a law suit for false advertisement! J

THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS FOR REAL
    To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages, But this is from my friend Pearlas Sandborn and she really is an attorney.

If she says that this will work - It will work. After all,What have you got to lose?

SORRY EVERYBODY.. JUST HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE!!! I'm an attorney, And I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long a go.

Dear Friends: Please do not take this for a junk letter.

Bill Gates sharing his fortune.. If you ignore this, You will repent later .

Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For a two week time period.

For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a check.

Regards. Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations

Thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving this e-mail and for warding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my address and within days, I received a check for $24,800.00. You need to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this, Bill gates is the man.

It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at least $10,000.00. We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time.. My brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game, she showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped 'Paid In Full'.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Beta testing isn't over? This e-mail has been around for years.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Except she wouldn't have the check after cashing it...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Microsoft is always calling me and trying to send me money. I tell them Screw you, I'm an Apple guy.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know ... if an anonymous internet person swears its for real four times, it must be real.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

no, you've got it all wrong. This is the way to go:

[​IMG]

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Eh, I'd rather sell calling cards. That's where the money is at. [/Michael Scott]

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

They're very thorough.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Where can I purchase said law suit? Maybe Armani?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bernie Madoff swears this e-mail is true.

Seriously, this thing has been around since the earliest days of the Internet. Why are people still forwarding it!? Can't we revoke the ability to use the Internet for anyone dumb enough to believe this crap?

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm already getting rich quick, I'm a writer.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I had a guy at work pitch me his "business" the other night. Basically it was just a pyramid scheme, I can't believe people still get involved with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted