1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want a good nontraditional story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yesterday the Elias Sports Bureau ruled that an Eagles TD from Sunday that was originally ruled as coming on a fumble recovery was actually a touchdown pass, because the pass was not caught and fumbled but rather bobbled around and then caught by another guy.

Sure, there's articles about the play and how it changes McNabb's statistics and the like: http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16022655.htm

But you can bet this ruling has a major impact on fantasy football. One of my leagues, it changed the outcome of a game. And since we have no rules covering this, people want to put it up for a vote on if we should accept the ruling or not. We aren't the only league!

Write about this and increase your circulation!

2. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I'm sure Tony K will want to spend 20 minutes on this on PTI today.

4. TheSportsPredictor

Marvin yawns, but his readers won't.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

It makes an interesting note about NFL stats, that's all.

As for your fantasy league, TSP, (or anybody else's) nobody gives a fuck but the people playing.
    If you think that will sell papers, you need to go out and get a fucking clue.

6. TheSportsPredictor

I'm not telling you to write about my league. I am telling you it affects leagues all over the place. And if you don't think this is the kind of thing people want to read about, then you have no clue. If it weren't, newspapers wouldn't already be running fantasy football columns.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yup...one fantasy column a week...that this week should include the statistical anomaly. Nothing more to report here.

8. TheSportsPredictor

PA's Centre Daily Times is in touch with its readers: http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/sports/football/nfl/philadelphia_eagles/16024562.htm

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Right, TSP.
    Reported the facts and said it would follow tomorrow in the fantasy FB column...where it belongs.
    Not a separate "non-traditional" story, just a fantasy FB report.

Draft saved Draft deleted