1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanna talk about crazy uniforms?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 22, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I was reading Paul Lukas' Uni Watch (one of the last enjoyable things left on that site) and he dedicated his entire column to minor league uniforms. A lot of them are pretty whacked out, but this has got to take the freakin' cake!

[​IMG]

Here's the link to the story, and there are some other damn good photos in there, too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/070621

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'M FREAKIN OUT MAN!!!!

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Do any of the teams wear shorts?

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Ahhh, the Northwest League.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Not a bad idea. Can you imagine trying to pitch to that? I'm surprised more teams don't try to screw with the opposing team's minds like that.

...But on the other hand, it might fuck with you mentally, knowing you look like something Shaggy came up with in the back of the Mystery Machine.

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Read the column, checked out most of the photos, loved the Hawaiian shirt jerseys.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

This is your uniform. This is your uniform on drugs!

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

How many of you would actually buy one of these uniforms, just for the sake of owning something that nuts?

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I miss the Cubs' reverse-pinstripe road unis. Loud, but classically styled.
    [​IMG]

Regarding the minor-league stuff, I think some of the most freakish jerseys in North American sports are the "one-night only" Halloween and St. Patrick's Day jerseys often sported by minor-league hockey teams. Seen some truly horrendous designs there.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that was a good read. i love the anecdote about reggie jackson wearing a mariners jersey in the 1979 all-star game photo picture.

btw, if i'm a st. paul saints player and show up for work and see pink scrubs hanging in my locker, i might just quit pro ball on the spot.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

If you ARE a St. Paul Saints players, chances are you were pretty close to quitting already.

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

No you wouldn't because if you really loved playing ball it wouldn't matter. Besides, it's just one game and it's a good cause.
    If I just could go back and play ball I'd wear a gorilla suit for a day.

Draft saved Draft deleted