1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanna do Disney? Hate lines? Try Hire-a-Handicap!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 15, 2013.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The lines can be misleading, though. I can't speak for Florida, but at Disneyland the line for Dumbo looks like nothing, but it will almost always take twice as long as the line for the Matterhorn.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Yeah, the slow-loading attractions (Dumbo, Aladdin's Magic Carpet, Indy Speedway) will always be a lot longer than the 10 minute posted wait time. Of course, we're lucky in Florida with the dueling Dumbos now, as well as the new interactive queue that allows the kids to play while waiting for their turn to ride.

3. Don't choose FastPass there, since kids don't have a chance to play, unless it changed since February.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

We've gone three times this year and not once has the line been long enough for us to even stop to play. We were even there in June and zipped right through, took a glance at the circus area and kept walking. Told the kids maybe we'd go back later in the day just to let them play, but never returned.

I'm guessing if we would have gone in July at peak, or Christmas/Easter, the play area would be utilized. But you're right, more often than not, you'll bypass it straight to the attraction.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it'd be the same as Florida. For coasters, you should always be loading a train. Ideally, you get everyone in and checked in under a minute, then send it out as soon as the last one clears the hill. For flat rides like Dumbo, you just sit there for five minutes while you load, unload, and cycle the ride. Even if the cycle time and capacity is the same as a coaster, it feels longer to the guest because they don't move as often.

Been a while since I've been able to bust out my ride operator knowledge. It's taking me back. :)

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Boo.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really retarded

Draft saved Draft deleted