1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walt Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota, and his bow and arrow are about to have an interesting week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jul 28, 2015.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It added that the hunters unsuccessfully tried to hide the dead lion's tracking collar, which was part of a University of Cambridge research program.

"Cecil was skinned and beheaded," the charity said.

2. No, but it was black. And a dentist in Minnesota is akin to being a Maryland Police Officer.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I guess he's a #cuckservationist

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I disagree. The travel and expenditure in and of themselves are not enough to raise suspicion. And $50k isn't close to the most money spent on these things.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The lion was just self-identifying itself as black.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I've read the study was by Oxford FWIW. These details, if true, do not help this guy.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Not exciting enough for Dr. Palmer, I guess.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This dentist should be aborted.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was gambling at Rick's.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The people most upset by the killing of the lion are almost assuredly all pro-choice.

And, I bet none of them changed their social media avatar, or went on a social media rant, over Kermit Gosnell.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That certainly sounds like Mr. Palmer.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fuck him. He deserves to catch hell. They baited the lion out of the reserve, most likely they shot an antelope or something and dragged it to leave a blood/scent trail. They got lion that is used to people to step half a mile out of the preserve, then blinded him with a spotlight while the mighty hunter got an arrow into him. There is no hunt, no sport in this.

He paid them big money and they set him right up, and I strongly believe that he knew he was paying to have a big lion lured off of the preserve. He probably didn't know how well known an individual it was, but I don't buy for a minute he didn't know what they were doing. This is a guy who has gone on many big game hunts. He knows when he is actually hunting something and when they trot something out in front of him for him to shoot.

Draft saved Draft deleted