1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walmart nail salon brawl sends teen to the ER

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Season's Greetings from your friends at Walmart.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/walmart-nail-salon-brawl-1238251.html

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's always weird for me to read about nail salons and other stuff in Walmarts... I'm in New England. I don't even think my local Walmart sells guns. It might have a Subway.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

that shit be crazy. you feel me?

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

greenwell, I have actually done some banking at Walmart.

Poor kid is going to be eating Thanksgiving dinner through a straw.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think there are banks in the ones up here, but it's some weird, no-name brand; kind of like the days before national brands ran the food courts, so you'd have like the Woolworth Cafe. I just assume that like the check-cashing places, the banks inside of Walmarts and other places are meant to screw me out of money.

Going to Walmart is always an odd experience. So many different groups inhabit the store - poor hicks, addicts (it's 24 hours), soccer moms, low middle class families, high school kids, etc.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The new Supercenters have hair salons, bank branches, eye doctors, pharmacies, McDonalds ...

Wal-Mart is dead set on not only usurping Mom and Pop, but the entire business district. Soon, they'll have lawyers hanging their shingle and finish the job. Wal-Mart is evil.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Pretty sad the AJC is quoting and re-writing a story from the Atlanta television station.

Really? C'mon, AJC. A brawl requiring police attention but you re-write a television report?

"Covering Inside the 285 Loop Like The Dew"

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Anyone notice that the ad preceding the video was a Wal-Mart ad?

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

"Weaves was flying" could be a great fantasy team name.

Draft saved Draft deleted