1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waking Ned lamont

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No reason to wait till November 8. Time to stick a fork in Ned. Hopefully Round Tree Country Club will let him back in. Ned can then go back to his all white golf game.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Ned was dead (politically speaking anyway) when Lieberman got the signatures needed to run as an independent. While leading Dems paid lip service to Ned, they soon realized they'll need Joe if they are to become the majority party in the Senate.

3. Boom_70

Its funny now that the "democratic" party will have to come hat in hand to Joe now. It will be really uncomfortable for Chris Dodd, who has been showing up in Lamont ads.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That giant hissing sound isn't Lamont's campaign going down. It's the ego of Markos Moulitsas deflating as people realize he's not nearly as influential and relevant as he now thinks he is.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Boom, I hear the Republican candidate up there is a great guy.

It was heart-warming to see how your party rallied around him.

;D

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Luggie, compared to Schlesinger, I've got a better chance of being Connecticut's next senator.

7. Boom_70

What ?? there is a Republican running> Why I had no idea .

8. The Democratic establishment, including both Clintons, all backed Lieberman in the primary. He lost.
    I keep posting this in the vain attempt to prove to Boom that his talking-point is detached from planet Earth.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Whatever point the nutroots were trying to make by whacking Liberman will be utterly undercut when Lieberman wins next week. When the history of the 2006 elections is written, it will be seen as a ghastly waste of resources in an environment where they could have influenced a few key races around the country while control of both the senate and house were at stake.

That, along with the quick fizzle of the Mark Warner presidential campaign, winds up severely diminishing the Kos Kidz' influence over the events between now and 2008.

10. Those would be the Kos Kidz who are also backing Harold Ford in Tennessee, Jim Webb in Virgvinia, at least three vets I know of in House races, and who backed Mark Warner until he dropped out.
    Jesus, the stupid's at high tide.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

John Kerry is windsurfing at the crest of that high tide.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Harold Ford, the "Reagan conservative" running in Tennessee? Hard to fathom.
    Perhaps they want his help getting into one of those Playboy parties I've heard so much about.

Draft saved Draft deleted