1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waitress to Clinton: Where's my tip?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Nov 9, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She didn't?

2. Pretty close. It is basically Iowa's version of fast food...similar to Nebraska's Runza.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, if it's fast food place, you line up and get your food, right?

Who tips in those places?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Starbucks blew up the order-at-the-counter-no-need-to-tip rule, but I hear you.

I'm a pretty good tipper, but I wouldn't tip at a place like that. Course, I'd never order $150 worth of food there, either.

Stupid story, either way.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not up here. And screw Starbucks. I'm a Tims man. :)

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Of course J.R.'s definition of the "looney right" is anyone who doesn't see the light and vote left.
    Tell me, J ... do you think it possible for an intelligent, educated person to examine all of the issues and the candidates, and make an informed decision to vote right, rather than left?

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

well we made it two pages without turning it into political arm wrestling...

And you can count me out on tipping at places like Starbucks or the like. If I'm standing in line and your role is pretty much reduced to filling a coffee cup, and you want a tip for that...well, step aside, I'll pour it myself.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

For further information obout the "loonie right", please refer to Whitewater, Vince Foster and Swiftboat. However, if "loonie right" doesn't work, how about "liars and frauds?"

These clowns were never about "issues" so you can take that little bit of nonsense out to the curb.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ditto.

I'm sorry but a "grande latte" doesn't mean you're now tipworthy.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My new Starbucks policy: Inside I'll tip change or a buck depending. But now way in hell I'm tipping at the drive through.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have never said, "Bush bad, democrat good" since I'm hardly a Democrat.

However, "Bush bad" is pretty much of a slam dunk fact.

And the "loonie left" is the Marxist-Leninist crowd.

I'm slightly to the left of the Canadian centre. I can't speak for FB.

Draft saved Draft deleted