1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wade Wilson facing suspension for drugs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Opens the barn door, maybe? If HGH for "personal medical care" is permitted, then athletes find doctors who call them pre-diabetic or something and give them what they want, free from NFL reprisal.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I think the issue is more with the way he obtained them, which seems to have been illegal, or at the least very shady.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

But what I don't get is why a coach gets one more game for using PEDs than a player gets for using PEDs. It makes no sense to me.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he got the stiffer punishment because coaches should be held to a higher standard, according to the commish.

I understand the illegality issue, in terms of the purchase. I just don't know if the league should be judging the personal medical choices made by its coaches.

And I could totally argue the opposite.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Don't. Even. Think. About. It.

[​IMG]

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Best line in the whole story: "His blood pressure had started to rise, for reasons not related to coaching the ups and downs of Rex Grossman."

Unless the Bears or the Cowboys were planning on suiting Wilson up, I don't see how this provides anyone a competitive advantage. The only way I can see legitimizing a suspension of Wilson is to let him serve as an example to the players. Even then, that's spurious at best.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And I bet Wade got charged for shipping.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

:D

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

What's wrong with that stuff?

10. joe

joe Active Member

Please tell me this is the first, and only, Brimley threadjack.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yes and no. If he can be the tough "I'll kick your ass" thug he was in The Firm, then what's another thread or 10?

Draft saved Draft deleted