1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waaahhh!!! Everyone's so mean to Hillary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, May 15, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Whoopi is a comedian. Baldwin is an actor.

Why do we give a rat's ass about what either has to say?

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Honestly, I don't, but when the topic swirls around Bush, people usually don't have to resort to jokes to spell out why his policies are shitty.

3. And if you could prove that, well, you wouldn't be you.

4. zagoshe

Oh God -- look I can appreciate your dying devotion to liberals and liberalism but you are being ridiculous and just plain dishonest if you are trying to say people aren't on cable news channels taking pot shots at and making jokes about George Bush -- you could flick on any of those channels including Fox almost every single day and see it.

And Fenian --- if you are trying to tell me that you think Penn Jillette has made as many appearances on cable news channels as Alec Baldwin and Whoopi Goldberg, you haven't been watching, which is not really a surprise considering it is hard to see the real world when your head is stuck so far up the ass of the Democratic party.

5. Proof, please?
    Remember how badly your categorical knowledge failed in the case of Roger Stone a few threads over.
    Beware.

6. zagoshe

Roger Stone? No I don't remember.

And you give me proof that there are more conservative magicians on the air than liberal mainstream actors and comedians.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Some schlock marketeer (I highly doubt BO-related) saw their chance, and ran with it. I bet they made a pretty good buck.

8. zagoshe

But wait -- they only make fun of Hillary because she's a woman. So I refuse to believe their are pictures of curious george shirts about Obama or anything of the sort.....

9. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I knew those cable shows were pointless, but even that surprised me. I don't have a problem with an actor, a comedian, an athlete expressing his or her beliefs. It seems here, though, that this comedian was on the show just to make a snide comment, not to offer an opinion. Seems rather pointless, though if the great orange-juice scandal is any indication, MSNBC has some problems.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Come on, people now, smile on your brother...

11. zagoshe

Imagine that a comedian on a show making a joke -- it is not different, new or unique in anyway -- it is just that Hillary was the brunt of it so therefore it had to be mean-spirited and bigotted because she's a "strong woman" who has no problem playing the victim when it suits her........

Typical.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yo, asshole .. I didn't invent the device, nor did I indicate I condoned it, nor, I may add, was it posted on Fox News. Washignton Post, in case you ever-increasing ADD made you miss it.
    Dick.

Draft saved Draft deleted