1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

W2s

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jan 30, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Anybody else still waiting on one? What's the penalty for the company if it doesn't show up by Sunday?

Bad enough we got hit with pay cuts and raise freezes. No need to keep me from my refund too, dammit!

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I believe it has to merely be postmarked by Jan. 31 for the company to avoid any penalties.

Numerous searches for employer penalties said basically nothing, which basically means that the government sides with them and will do everything they can not to hold them accountable. Big surprise.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have neither one of my 1099s from 95 percent of my work...

And the employer penalty is nothing... like 50 bucks... IF reported

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The stuff I pulled up wanted to point responsibility to the employee in every case: wrong SS number, new address, etc. Holding the employee accountable, sure, but employer? Nah ... that never happens.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I got all my stuff, the last one came today.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Still waiting on one from my church.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I am still waiting for two of my four.

8. jps

jps Active Member

just got my last one today ... will file tomorrow and get that refund to finish paying off the car in a few weeks. will be nice to have two paid-for rigs, and nicer to be able to then start saving for a house.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm waiting to find out what I'm supposed to get in regards to the moving company. I have both W-2s and the info from my 401K.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The postmark deadline is Monday, Feb. 2.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Waiting for my last one. And I could really use the cash.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I have everything but the special health care code for filing in Mass.

Last year it was the first letter I received, this year I'm still waiting on Blue Cross. I need my refund to pay for my new prescription plan. I had a $125 for two scrips yesterday. Man I miss the $5 for generic and $15 for name brand I had just last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted