1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VORB

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JakeandElwood, Jun 5, 2014.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's Value Over Replacement Burrito.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/in-search-of-americas-best-burrito/

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Green Burrito in Long Beach had (has?) the "Big Ed" -- 3 pounds.

Popo's in Roswell has outstanding burritos (and everything else).

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll have to check this out when I have more time.

Looks like Nate Silver and Co. are trying to have a little fun with their mad math skills.

But any "anal-ysis" of what happens AFTER you consume these all-star burritos ... that acronym is called TMI.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love this.

I am a complete burrito snob. I lived in one area where they have a very famous local burrito place and the first time I ate there I said, "This is garbage. I'd rather eat at Taco Bell." and one of the locals said, "It's been voted the best burrito in the state for X number of years..." and the burrito was just garbage. Whenever someone from California or Texas or Colorado or somewhere where they make decent Mexican food, I'd take them there and they'd say, "Yeah, this is dreadful..."

There was a burrito place/stand in Del Paso Heights that simply said, "Tacos and Burritos" on the front that was the best burrito I've ever had. Nobody there spoke English and it was in a brutal part of town. We went there once at night and came really close to getting jumped. You could get two giant burritos for $2.50. It was there until 2003, but closed shortly after that.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Silver has really produced some Grade A shit since starting 538.

6. Mizzougrad96

Using Yelp is a mistake. It's the same as the newspapers who have the readers vote on the best burrito and Chipotle wins.

7. Mizzougrad96

He has some time to kill until 2016. :D

8. Mizzougrad96

If they don't include food stands or food trucks, there's no reason to bother doing this.

9. Mizzougrad96

Enjoy your burrito... :D

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If he's eating that many burritos, it's not surprising.

11. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Footage of Silver on the hunt:

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who knew there wasn't a way to numerically evaluate every single part of the human existence?

Draft saved Draft deleted