1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Volunteers dismissed for showing smiling midriff

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?storyid=52778 (via the Obscure Store) (includes pic)

"They weren't smiling, so I grabbed a pen and I tried to draw a smiley face on my stomach, and (head coach) Debbie Wheaton helped me," Ms. Smith said. "Every time the girls weren't smiling, I showed them the smiley face. They thought it was hilarious."

Kathy Carey, president of FYSA, learned about the incident at a Sept. 26 practice. She then told Ms. Smith and Ms. Wheaton their services were no longer needed.

FYSA has received three separate complaints about the incident, Ms. Carey said.

Ms. Smith exposed three inches of her stomach, according to both coaches.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'd like to meet this Ms. Carey...a barrel of monkeys for sure that one ::)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow... It is truly amazing how uptight people are these days...

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

When I first read this, I thought it was gonna be a horrible story about Fulmer making his navel/gunt area lip-synch to "Rocky Top" to get the Vols revved up to pummel Jaw-ja this Saturday.

Draft saved Draft deleted