1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VMAs...anyone watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

I'm not watching, but I'll take a guess as to what happened. Lady Gaga scares small children with her outfit, girls cheer on Justin Bieber while everyone else goes deaf, and Kanye West makes an acceptance speech without an award. Anything I miss?

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Re: VMA's...anyone watching?

I'm not watching, but I will never stop loving Jordan Catalano.

That is all.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, he kind of looks like Jordan's drug-rehabbing, aged-beyond-his-years, trying-to-hold-on-to-his-youth cousin...but still fucking hot.

4. imjustagirl

If I am ever elected President, i will declare Taylor Swift singing live to be illegal.

Sweet christ, her voice is death. She might be the MOST studio-created singer in the past 5 years.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I don't know about the most, but it was uncomfortable to watch. If memory serves, weren't we horrified last year when she sang too?

6. imjustagirl

Yeppers. Might not have been the VMAs, but it was some other live performance. She simply can't carry a tune.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

MTV took a break from "reality" shows to focus on music!?!

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Well, not necessarily...the bozo's from Jersey Shore are coming up next.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I could've done without the meat dress, but that was pretty damn cool what Lady Gaga just did.
    And I love seeing Cher in that outfit again...she looks fabulous.

I could care less about Kanye West....

10. imjustagirl

Goddammit, I thought Kanye had killed the AutoTune. This shit is on my last nerve.

He's fucking insane, and I fear a really BAD meltdown....but I'll be damned if he's not talented as shit if you like his style of music.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm hoping he gets nailed with a whiskey bottle.
    Not just at the VMAs, either. At least once a day, randomly, while walking down the street.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I thought the AutoTune was already busted before Kayne douchebagged his way to the stage.

Taylor Swift must have paid someone to mess that damn thing up.

Draft saved Draft deleted