1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vinny Testaverde...another HOF argument

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Harold Baines has a statue? Does LaMarr Hoyt have one too?

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yeah, because that would be redundant.

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

That was fucking awesome.

4. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

If you want to make the Hall of Fame with Testaverde's profile, you better have been at the heart of something truly historic and momentous for the league. Something like Joe Namath and the Jets winning Super Bowl III and paving the way for the NFL-AFL merger (and therefore the NFL as we know it today). That one game more than anything got Namath in Canton.

Last I checked, Testaverde does not have such an accomplishment to his credit. So no go.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thirded.

6. Mizzougrad96

He had a couple good seasons with the Jets. He had that year with the Ravens where they threw on almost every down and he had 4,000 yards. I think Baltimore went 4-12 that year.

I'm not sure if his 35 interceptions in a season is a NFL record, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

LaMarr Hoyt SHOULD have a statue.

8. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Hahaha, there is no argument. Vinny was, at his best, a borderline pro bowler. A HOF QB needs Super bowl wins and/or being considered a pro bowl QB for a majority of his years.

9. Mizzougrad96

Blanda has the single-season INT record with 42 in 1962. And that was in a 14-game season...

10. Situation

Situation Member

Testeverde's career record: 90-123-1

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No. Not even a debate among reasonable people.

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Would they engrave "Intercepteverde" on the bust? Because that would be worth putting him in the HOF.

Draft saved Draft deleted