1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vince Young

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Vince Young is broke and needs a job. Great column by David Whitley.
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-09-19/vince-young-broke-lost-money-26-million-nfl-qb-new-salary-draft

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd say "Least Shocking Broke Athlete Ever," but he'd be in my top five.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Great line.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

There's only one thing of solace Young can take from this. At least he's not John L. Smith.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Are you saying he should smile?

6. LongTimeListener

Prozac ain't free.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You know, I thought the exact same thing, but that's not the reaction in Texas -- at least in DFW. The radio guys acted like it was the most unbelievable thing ever -- "Vince Young's broke? How could this happen?!"

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Either they are faking the reaction for the sake of hyping it or they might jut be as dumb as Vince Young.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

He shouldn't be broke. To piss away that much money in such a short period of time.... you have to shake your head.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Just playing to the audience.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

True, but he isn't the first, nor will he be the last, and given what is known about Mr. Young, this was utterly predictable.

I'll go out on a limb with a prediction -- five years after Dez Bryant is done with football, he'll be having money problems, too.

12. LongTimeListener

According to the link, the counter-suit says Young's spending patterns were common knowledge to "Jeff Fisher, Mack Brown, numerous NFL executives, coaches, teammates, scouts, girlfriends and illegitimate children.”

Not to mention buff, sweaty, oily, half-naked men in bars.

Draft saved Draft deleted