1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

vin scully

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, May 20, 2012.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Are they worse than Physioc and Hudler?

They're now with the Royals, a perfect marriage of shit organization and bad announcing.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Joe Angel? That guy was on the Giants for a year not too long ago, I think on Miller's recommendation, and there was damn near a revolt. He was historically bad, the kind of bad that causes mass grass-roots letter-to-the-editor campaigns.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Never have been a big Joe Angel fan and I've been listening to the Orioles off and on for a decade now. Fred Manfra sucks, too.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Steve Psychotic is in K.C. now, too? Damn, I knew about Hudler but I guess I missed that his old partner moved there with him. Sorry, Royals fan(s). That's the single worst broadcast team I've ever listened to. And yeah, I include Sterling/Waldman (thankfully, I almost never, ever listen to them.)

Not even Chip Caray can scream so excitedly on a mid-range flyball in the fourth inning on a Tuesday night in May as Steve Physioc. And somehow ... he's not even the loud one in that booth.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Somewhere, there has to be a recording of Joe Angel singing "My Way" on his last post-game show on Marlins radio after he got the boot in favor of Dave Van Horn, who was fleeing the Expos.

Bad local TV? Doesn't get much worse than Daron Sutton and Mark Grace on the Diamondbacks.

6. Piotr Rasputin

My thoughts exactly.

They were perfect for the Angels fanbase, which raises its collective voice for midrange popups on a regular basis.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Preach. Which one was it?

8. Bubbler

When Daron Sutton did Brewers TV, I wanted to gouge my eyeballs out.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Dissent. Learn to handle it.

10. Piotr Rasputin

11. Bubbler

No, no. That's Barry Alvarez on the right.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If I had to guess, I'd think he means Braun's slam in '08.

Honestly, is Uecker known for any another call (non-Major League division, of course)? Seems weird to say, but I can't think of any.

Draft saved Draft deleted