1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings get "help" at QB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Sep 27, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Henson signs and other items
    Wednesday, September 27th, 2006 by Judd Zulgad

The Vikings have signed quarterback Drew Henson to their practice squad. The Vikings wanted to add a third quarterback after Tarvaris Jackson was lost for about month because of a knee injury.

Henson will step in and help take some of the practice reps away from Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger. Vikings coach Brad Childress has known Henson since he was a kid.

“My wife used to babysit Drew Henson in Salt Lake City,” Vikings coach Brad Childress said. “Dan Henson was the offensive coordinator when I worked there at the University of Utah. I said [to Drew Henson] last night, ‘How old would you have been then?’ I think he told me the fifth grade. I’ve kind of known him for a while.”

Henson, a former University of Michigan quarterback, spent the past two seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. He was released by Dallas in August.

Henson elected to play baseball over football in 2001, signing with the New York Yankees. He decided to return to football in 2004, getting an eight-year deal from the Dallas Cowboys that included $3.5 million in guaranteed money.

He played in seven games with Dallas that season, completing 10 of 18 passes for 78 yards. Henson did not see any action with the Cowboys in 2005.

Henson had a workout with the Miami Dolphins this week. Guard C.J. Brooks was released to make room for Henson on the practice squad.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

as a vikings fan, i think the collective reaction is the following: yawn

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hey, it could have been Spurgeon Wynn.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Or Sean Salisbury.

From the "Only On The Internet" files: Join the Sean Salisbury Online Team and receive the latest news/John Clayton rips. ::)

http://www.seansalisburyonline.com/

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mention that name again and you're grounded. [/looser Vikings fangirl] ;)

6. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

When's it the Vikings' turn to be on the weekly "Tommy Maddox worked out for the INSERT TEAM NAME" brief?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

DADDY!!! DADDY!!! I wanna play football again!! Daddy find me a team!!!

No one in history has ever earned more money by doing less than Daddy's Boy Henson. Couldn't happen to a more deserving twerp.

Next up: Drew flops in Major League Soccer!!!!

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You just know, somehow, it will end with Matt Millen signing Drew Henson to a huge, bonus-laden contract. ::) ::)

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Why not? It started with Jerry Jones signing Drew Henson to a huge, bonus-laden contract.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Guys, he's a third-string QB. Enough said.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey. At least he tried. He wasn't going to leave Michigan till Steinbrenner threw him money. And Jerry Jones didn't have to sign him to that contract.
    Now, Todd Marinovich. There's your poster boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted