1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video game thread — XBox, Wii and PS3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mannheimadler, Dec 8, 2006.

1. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Any gamers on here?

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a chance to play the Wii yet. I have to say, it's pretty cool. I'm scared I'll blow out my elbow with the throwing motion you make on Madden 07. But it seems to really pull you into the game.

But so far I've played Madden and Call of Duty 3, and they're both awesome.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/34798/

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I don't have any of those systems, and haven't played any of the three. Also don't any systems.

BUT, because the Wii is interactive and puts you in the game, I'm seriously thinking of buying one (a game system) for the first time in my life.

4. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Sorry man. I didn't see that. I should have used the search before I posted. Won't happen again.

Fuerte, I really like the Wii. It's the first system I've bought since the Nintendo 64. I stumbled a few PS3s in the store the other day, but I didn't have the $500 for it (what a ridiculous price). I'm not a big X-Box guy because I don't like Halo.

The whole concept of the motion-detecting Wii remote is really a neat feature. It makes for interesting gameplay on Madden, and I've heard it does on Zelda and Red Steel, as well. Apparently in those you actually swipe the controller like a sword.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Got a Wii for my birthday on Saturday, it was a luck thing. We were at Wal-Mart at midnight and we saw one on the bottom shelf in the back hidden from view. We chased down an employee with keys and snatched it up. We went broke doing it, but it was worth it. Over 10 hours of playing and a sore-as-hell arm later and I couldn't be happier!

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Resurrecting a dead topic, eh?

:D

7. Precious Roy

Hey, I just had to come here and brag, I can't say anything to anybody else because I'm supposed to be doing things like making car payments and getting tags changed over, but hey, they can wait another week!

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No. No procrastination. It's bad for you, Roy.

:D

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I used to play video games... And then I turned 12... ;D

10. Precious Roy

That's how old I felt when I got it... Then I played it, now I feel 80.

11. Always can feel young at heart. It's necessary.

12. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

It all depense what you want to play or how old you are and how much you want to spend.

Wii
    $200
    Xbox
    $400
    PS3
    $600

Wii for under 13
    Xbox for anyone over 15+
    PS3: hardcore gamers and full on adults 21+

Wii: lots of games for kids mario, zelda etc
    Xbox: games for everyone including kids and adults Halo 3 and GTA.
    PS3: costs to much for a normal casual gamer to get and not that many great games that is worth the 600 dollar price tag for just the system and another $60 per game.

I recomend that if your a casual gamer that want to play 2 hours a week and that game is either a good first person shooter or a quick game of Madden go with the Xbox 360.

Now if this is for your kids go with the Wii and if you have a lot of money and want graphics a notch above the 360 go with the PS3 and be the cool guy on your block.

Draft saved Draft deleted