1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video cameras

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My wife is bugging me to get one. She's getting tired of filming the baby on her cell phone.

Any suggestions?

2. sostartled

sostartled Member

I don't have specific cameras in mind, but get one that is digital, not tapes or discs. You don't want to have to mess around with those extras and then deal with buying a cord to transfer it to your computer. I have a nice canon, but it's tapes, which kinda sucks for quick transferring to the cpu. Also, it doesn't have night vision, but otherwise, it's great.

3. jps

jps Active Member

use it if you get it. ours is 3 now, and we realized when we pulled it out to shoot her little preschool Christmas presentation that we basically haven't used the thing. we've taken thousands of photos, but for some reason we just haven't used it - no clue why, other than it's just not as quick and easy as the little digital camera, I guess.

4. jps

jps Active Member

if we got a new one it would be the straight-to-disc type, I would think. that or digital, like ss said.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

I would suggest looking into a Flip camera. If you're more or less looking for something to film your baby, it might be ideal and it can be had for around $100. All digital too and you can upload directly to YouTube with it.

http://www.theflip.com/products.shtml

6. topsheep

topsheep Member

Flip camera.

7. Inky_Wretch

The Flip is the one I'm eyeing right now. Figured we could put the video on YouTube and send the links to family scattered around the nation.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

your family defriended you long ago.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

I know a lot of people who are doing the same thing. I have a Flip Mino that I've used on occasion for work and I have no complaints. Incredibly easy to use and the picture quality is pretty good. You could even splurge for the HD version so you can see every bit of drool on your kid's face.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Did she nickname it "the baby?"

11. Inky_Wretch

Is The Flip compatible with Macs? Or is it a Tebow-forsaken PC-only product?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck those things. [/Rob Lowe]

Draft saved Draft deleted