1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

victor, we hardly knew ye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

On Oct. 9, 2002, 81 members signed up on the first day of SportsJournalists.com.

Of those 81 members, 44 of them have never bothered to post once. Two have posted one time (phisigfred and vet). Counting Webby, whom I didn't include among the original 9x9, only 13 have broken quadruple digits — including the leet Cousin Jeffrey.

Isn't this kind of like John Hancock signing the U.S. Constitution and then heading off for Botswanaland? I'm amazed how many people got in on the ground floor of something great, and then stepped off before the door closed.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Are you taking a break from drinking again or do you just really like numbers?

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I think it's EXACTLY like that...

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They knew the British were coming after them... Hang the Empire

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Webby is all 44 of those people. He wanted to make sure he had somebody to talk to.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

One if by land, two if by Sandy ...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The midnight ride of Chris L?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

HI SANDY!

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I guess that makes me one of the 13 founders. When do I get my profile on a coin?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Wow...I'm one of the "original 9x9." My parents will be sooooooooooo proud!

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

so how did you know about SportsJournalists.com from day 1? i came along long after that and just stumbled across this place while googling something.

Draft saved Draft deleted