1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick press conference at 11:30 a.m.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

espn = clowns. that was some sad shit.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You are asking for too much.

Yes, he found Jesus. The thing not mentioned was that Jesus was actually his gardener and Vick is concerned that his property won't be properly taken care of with anyone else.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

When did taking "responsibility" become the benchmark for absolving someone of all wrong in any incident?

I am so sick and fucking tired of hearing these fucks who get caught red-handed in any situation issuing a fucking apology and accepting "responsibility" for their actions. Fuck. That.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Clearly.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Amen.

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I find it funny that people went to the courthouse to actively show their support for Vick. Look, I know you should stand by people you care about (of course most of these people have never met Vick, but whatever) but when he's pleading guilty what are you down their supporting? And how can anyone say he is being "persecuted, not prosecuted" (great line by 2 Live Stew) when he freaking pleaded guilty?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

"I'm more disappointed in myself than anything."

That's the key line.

He's disappointed that he got caught.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You'll also go if you're being paid to be there. Why do you think so many people turned out to support Michael Jackson?

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yup. That he was caught and busted.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Contrition is great, if it's sincere, for at least accepting responsibility for what you've done. But it's only one half of the equation. The other half is the actual legal punishments that go with it. Here's hoping Vick enjoys as least one year, maybe two, in the klink.

It's going to be hard for me to personally forgive him for the simple fact that I hate having to explain to my 4-year-old son why a football player killed dogs.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Source? That's a pretty big charge.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It's funny how even though I write for a living, I'm always learning new synonyms. For example, today I learned that "reject," as in "I reject dogfighting," is a synonym for "bankroll." Who knew?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.