1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick press conference at 11:30 a.m.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Chuck, you're starting to sound like the kid in the schoolyard that cried WOLF! every time someone looked at you funny.

Even if abbott is a flaming racist asshole, get over him, and deal with your own end of stuff.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's to the point now where people are simply baiting Chuck -- and vice versa.

And he's giving them what they want, which is a completely illogical reaction.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My man Zeke is right. Unfortunately.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I ain't denying

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Chuck, I cry at the thought that in a few years, you're going to be in a much more adult position in this world, and that your misguided views will be listened to, and adopted, by others.

You have in it for Yab and feel he's a racist. Fine. I won't argue with you because there's no payoff for it. But you're blanketing situations with the same broad strokes you accuse Yab of using. It diminishes your arguments and makes you into a parody.

You can be better than this. Tone down the anger and you'll do fine.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do I feel a certain glee, a certain sense of vindication because Michael Vick, who is a sadistic, demented, spoiled asshole and uneducated piece of shit, got what was coming to him in a court of law. ABSOLUFUCKINGLUTELY.

But not because he's black.And not because he's the most overrated QB in history. But because he's a felon and revolutionized the sport of dog fighting.

Your knee jerk defense, rationalization or excuse making for him is predicated solely because he's black. And it makes you look like a fool, much as it does all of those black folk who defend him or minimize his conduct. It just makes you look so simple, he's black, so there's this circle the wagons mentality. It's sick. But funny in that knowing sort of way.

Do you get the feeling if Jeffery Dahmer were black, you'd find a way to excuse him from complete responsibility?

7. First off, I agree that Chuck's a little too much in the race talk lately, and has some growing up to do. He is a kid (we assume) and hopefully in 10 years will be a lot more rational when it comes to race.

That said, folks on this board seem a lot quicker to jump on Chuck than on heyabbott, who has a long history of race-baiting and simply being a bigot. And unlike Chuck, heyabbott is a fully-grown adult.

Now, that may be because the board has grown used to heyabbott's racist ways, and been innoculated to the point it just shakes its head and ignores him. I don't know. But while Chuck needs to calm down, I can certainly understand his frustration.

(Climbing off my soapbox.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.