1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick case thread....please behave

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

There are still serious race issues all over the world.

This is not a race issue. It's just not. Anyone who tries to make this a race issue is wrong.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you guys would stop engaging white chocolate, et al., when they claim racism where none exists, this thread would cease to be about race.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Let us not let the other three off scot free... let's use the plural here...all are scumm....

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I got a good chuckle from the front end of that, but: trolls draw responses the way rain grows grass. Go check any blog anywhere, and you'll find it's the same. It was fun for a while, but I'm growing tired of it. Think I'll go join Idaho at the lemonade stand. Not too many trolls on the Harry Potter threads.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why do I bother? Why?

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I agree. See below.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Falcons and Vick need to abide by the letter of the contract. He can't be suspended for this indictment but he has an obligation, contractually, to be at every practice, every team meeting, every mandated workout and public appearance. This indictment, since it is not work or health related, is not an excuse to breach his contract. If he doesn't report on the 1st day of camp, fine him. If he misses another day, fine him again. If he misses a third day, suspend him. The Falcons aren't required to accommodate him, since he clearly didn't accommodate the Falcons.

If Uncle Gene and the Union want the Falcons to live up to the CBA, the team should require the same of Vick. If he gets himself suspended because he misses too much work because of off-field activities, the Falcons should sue Vick for damages.

8. boots

boots New Member

I don't know if you know what racism is. It's not calling someone a name. It's not denying them a seat on a bus. It's a state of mind where one person believes he or she is superior because of their skin pigment. It's showing a lack of compassion and understanding about another culture. It's also showing a fear about that culture that manifests itself.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, thank you for the sociology lesson. Now, can we talk about the dog-torturing asshole for a bit?

10. boots

boots New Member

That is on another thread.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Having sat on a federal jury, I learned that the feds don't just throw around indictments for the hell of it. The government has a legal army at its disposal that will use a fine tooth comb to find what it needs order to put its case together and the government's case is almost always ironclad.

You have to have a pretty creative defense lawyer to answer the case AND justify the actions of the defendant or defendants.

12. boots

boots New Member

I've never sat on a grand jury cougargirl but I know the feds do make mistakes. I bring up Don King who beat more than 50 charges. At the time, he looked like a good bet to spend some time in jail. He beat the rap so anything is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.